Cisco AnyConnect (Windows)
When using Apple Bonjour for Windows, this can lead to connection problems. (KB970313) . internet-connection-sharing must not be active when using Cisco AnyConnect.
Should you encounter any problems with your VPN, please do not hesitate to contact our Support.
Due to the current load in VPN, two more servers were set up in addition to vpn.gwdg.de: vpn-b.gwdg.de and vpn-c.gwdg.de . We recommend using one of them.
Step-by-step image instruction: Windows (please click)
Supported Operating Systems
AnyConnect supports the following operating systems:
|Mac OS:||macOS from 10.13|
|Linux (officially supported versions):||Ubuntu (16.04 and 18.04), RHEL (versions 6 and 7)|
We strongly advise Linux users to use the built-in OpenConnect client together with NetworkManager instead of AnyConnect. This solution also works for the alternative gateways vpn-b.gwdg.de and vpn-c.gwdg.de.
You may also download directly the AnyConnect client from our ftp server using the username 'vpn' and the password 'fernzugriff'. You can then directly continue with step 4.
2. Click on AnyConnect within the navigation bar on the left.
3. Click on Start AnyConnect. If you do not have AnyConnect installed yet, you are asked to download the installation file. You may need to wait several seconds until the download starts.
4. Install AnyConnect from the file you have just downloaded. Please make sure that you are in possession of sufficient administration rights on your system or consult your administrator.
5. Open the newly installed program Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client to start the VPN.
6. Insert any gateway address (vpn-b.gwdg.de or vpn-c.gwdg.de or vpn.gwdg.de) and click on Connect.
7. Enter your credentials. These are usually your email address and the corresponding password.
8. Accept the conditions for using the VPN.
You are now connected to the VPN.
If you want to start the VPN again, just start the client directly or visit vpn.gwdg.de.