Many of us work currently from home, which also introduces special demands on IT services and support.
We therefore provide you an overview and present some typical tools and services that you can obtain from the GWDG:
- Videoconferencing: Online communication with colleagues or cooperation partners can be a good substitute for a physical meeting. We provide you with BigBlueBotton, DFNconf, Jitsi, Teams, WebEx and Zoom. Please note that some of these services currently suffer from high load.
- Chat: Rocket.Chat is our well-established service for exchanging information in teams or groups. It is comparable to commercial solutions like Slack, Telegram or WhatsApp.
- Collaborative Work: With Rocket.Chat, CodiMD, OnlyOffice and other services we support you in collaborative work and research.
- Data exchange: The GWDG provides a number of services for data exchange, including ownCloud, the Academic Cloud, and SharePoint. You can use them to exchange documents and store them securely in our data centers.
- VPN access: VPN allows you to access services, servers and e-media from outside the Göttingen campus. We are currently making sure that these VPN connections are available in sufficient quantity.
- E-Learning Tools: Since it is currently not foreseeable whether courses at the (postponed) beginning of the semester will be given in the standard way or online, we are evaluating additional possibilities for online lectures together with the Service for Digital Learning and Teaching of the University. You can already test the upcoming service BigBlueButton.
The respective links will lead you to overview pages with more information about the various tools and services.