For the third year in a row, the eResearch Alliance is offering an International Summer School on Data Science in 2019. Here young scholars can learn what insights Data Science offers for their specific research project. Application is open now until 22 January 2019.
Data Science is quickly emerging as an indispensable tool for scientific work and research. Young researchers can greatly benefit from learning what the field of Data Science encompasses, how Data Science can be applied to scientific inquiries, and what skill-set a data scientist should hope to acquire in a world deluged by data. The goal of this summer school is to improve the existing methodological knowledge and skills of young researchers in order to pave their way to becoming proficient data scientists.
- Date: 05.08.-16.08.2019
- Application deadline: 22.01.2019
- Location: Alte Mensa, Wilhelmsplatz
- ECTS: Granted 4 ECTS after completion of the programTarget Group: Master – and early PhD students of all Disciplines
- Letter of motivation
- Data Lifecycle
- Best Practices in data management
- Methods (modelling, statistics, mining, …)
- Infrastructures and platforms
- Application examples
- Ethical, legal, and social aspects
Lecturers from diverse scientific disciplines (e.g. computer science, mathematics, economics, geography, medicine, (statistical) bioinformatics, and engineering sciences)
The course will be taught in English.