This is an old revision of the document!
Table of Contents
eduroam with iOS (iOS 5+)
If the device is connected to eduroam during installation, the new eduroam profile will not be installed correctly under iOS. This means that if an eduroam profile already exists, it must first be uninstalled. Next, “Ignore this network” must be selected in the WLAN settings for eduroam. Only then will the reinstallation of the eduroam profile run smoothly. For example, the eduroam profile can be downloaded and installed via the WLAN “GuestOnCampus” or via mobile radio (LTE, UMTS).
Please follow our installation instructions!
Setting up the eduroam with the CAT tool
1. Before the new eduroam profile can be installed, the old eduroam profile must first be removed. Navigate to Settings → General → Profiles. If the profile “eduroam” is displayed here, click on “eduroam” and remove the profile with “Remove Profile”.
2. For a secure setup of the eduroam profile on your device, please open Safari on your device and download the eduroam CAT tool (eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool) via this link. The CAT tool is a configuration wizard that installs the eduroam profile on your device. This procedure only works with Safari. So please do not use any other browsers.
Press the button “Click here to download your eduroam installer”.
3. Select your institute from the “Organisation” menu. For eduroam users with a GWDG account, select “GWDG”.
4. Press here the button “Apple iOS mobile devices”.
5. Click on the message “This website is trying to download a configuration profile. Do you want to allow this?” with “Allow”.
If you have paired an Apple Watch with your iPhone, you will be asked to select a device on which to install this profile. Select iPhone.
6. A message appears prompting you to check the profile in the settings. Confirm this message with “Close”.
Before you install the new eduroam profile, the old eduroam WLAN must be uninstalled!
7. Open the WLAN menu item in the Settings. Click on the information symbol to the right of eduroam.
A window will open in which you can select Ignore this network. Now the old eduroam WLAN is uninstalled.
8. Then change to Settings → General → Profiles. Please select eduroam under “DOWNLOADED PROFILE”. Now please press “Install”.
9. Now please enter the code for your device so that the eduroam profile can be installed on the device.
10. Press “Install”.
11. Press “Install” again.
13. Now enter your password for your eduroam account and click “Next”.
14. Finally, please press “Done” and the eduroam profile is installed.
You can delete the installed profile under “Settings → General → Profiles → eduroam” by clicking on “Remove Profile”.