Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
Last revision Both sides next revision
en:services:storage_services:backup:tsm:admin:sp8unbuntu18 [2019/12/09 15:43]
bnachtw [cross checking with CLI commands]
en:services:storage_services:backup:tsm:admin:sp8unbuntu18 [2019/12/09 15:56]
bnachtw [Solution]
Line 261: Line 261:
 /​var/​tivoli/​tsm/​dsmicfgx.trc /​var/​tivoli/​tsm/​dsmicfgx.trc
 </​code>​ </​code>​
-... but it contains no more helpful ​informations,​ only +... but it contains no more helpful ​information, nothing points to the cause of the problem :-(
-<​code>​ +
- +
-Mon Dec 09 13:53:45 UTC 2019 com.tivoli.dsm.ServerConfig.ServerDB$FormatThread.run():​ Issuing cmd: . ~/​sqllib/​db2profile;​ /​opt/​tivoli/​tsm/​server/​bin/​dsmserv FORMAT ​ dbfile=\"/​sm215/​config/​dbfile.1\"​ activelogdir=\"/​actlog/​sm215\"​ archlogdir=\"/​archlog/​sm215\"​ activelogsize=16384 >​Format.Out 2>&1 on id sm215 +
-Mon Dec 09 13:53:45 UTC 2019 com.tivoli.dsm.ServerConfig.ProcessMonitor.run():​ enter, Monitoring file /​sm215/​config/​Format.Out +
-Mon Dec 09 13:53:45 UTC 2019 com.tivoli.dsm.ServerConfig.ProcessMonitor.read():​ File /​sm215/​config/​Format.Out not ready to be read yet +
-Mon Dec 09 13:53:46 UTC 2019 com.tivoli.dsm.ServerConfig.ServerDB$FormatThread.run():​ Format rc: 158 +
-Mon Dec 09 13:53:46 UTC 2019 com.tivoli.dsm.ServerConfig.ServerDB$FormatThread.run():​ format stderr:  +
-Mon Dec 09 13:53:46 UTC 2019 com.tivoli.dsm.ServerConfig.ProcessMonitor.cancel():​ enter +
-Mon Dec 09 13:53:47 UTC 2019 com.tivoli.dsm.ServerConfig.ProcessMonitor.read():​ File /​sm215/​config/​Format.Out now being read. +
-Mon Dec 09 13:53:47 UTC 2019 com.tivoli.dsm.ServerConfig.ProcessMonitor.run():​ exit +
-Mon Dec 09 13:53:48 UTC 2019 com.tivoli.dsm.ServerConfig.ProcessMonitor.cancel():​ exit +
-Mon Dec 09 13:53:48 UTC 2019 com.tivoli.dsm.ServerConfig.ServerDB$FormatThread.run():​ Ending remote session for format +
-Mon Dec 09 13:53:49 UTC 2019 com.tivoli.dsm.ServerConfig.ServerDB$FormatThread.run():​ Ending remote session for format +
-Mon Dec 09 13:53:49 UTC 2019 com.tivoli.dsm.ConfigWizard.DoFormatPanel.signalEvent():​ enter, event=formatDone,​ rc=499 +
-Mon Dec 09 13:53:49 UTC 2019 com.tivoli.dsm.ConfigWizard.DoFormatPanel.signalEvent():​ format done rc:499 +
-Mon Dec 09 13:53:49 UTC 2019 com.tivoli.dsm.ServerConfig.ServerDB$FormatThread.run():​ exit +
-</​code>​ +
-indeed, nothing points to the cause of the problem :-(+
 ==== Finding the solution ==== ==== Finding the solution ====
 The hint leading to the solution i found at a [[https://​www.ibm.com/​support/​pages/​anr0236e-io-error-when-attempting-start-database-manager| Support page for "​ANR0236E I/O error when attempting to start the database manager"​]]. In that case the db2 must be stopped, using a ''​db2stop force''​ command, which fails on my server: The hint leading to the solution i found at a [[https://​www.ibm.com/​support/​pages/​anr0236e-io-error-when-attempting-start-database-manager| Support page for "​ANR0236E I/O error when attempting to start the database manager"​]]. In that case the db2 must be stopped, using a ''​db2stop force''​ command, which fails on my server:
Line 286: Line 268:
 db2stop: error while loading shared libraries: libaio.so.1:​ cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory db2stop: error while loading shared libraries: libaio.so.1:​ cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
 </​code>​ </​code>​
-whoa, there'​s a library missing to run the db2 properly!+**whoa, there'​s a library missing to run the db2 properly!** 
 +===== Solution ===== 
 +Well, just install the libaio.so.1:​ 
 +<​code>​ 
 +# apt install libaio1 
 +Reading package lists... Done 
 +Building dependency tree        
 +Reading state information... Done 
 +The following NEW packages will be installed:​ 
 +  libaio1 
 +0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. 
 +</​code>​ 
 +... and run the ''​dsmserv format''​ again :-) 
 +<​code>​ 
 +sm215@gwdu323:​~/​config$ dsmserv format dbdir=/​db/​sm215 activelogsize=32768 activelogdirectory=/​actlog/​sm215 archlogdirectory=/​archlog/​sm215 
 +ANR7800I DSMSERV generated at 15:47:28 on Nov  4 2019. 
 + 
 +IBM Spectrum Protect for Linux/​x86_64 
 +Version 8, Release 1, Level 8.200 
 + 
 +Licensed Materials - Property of IBM 
 + 
 +(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1990, 2019. 
 +All rights reserved. 
 +U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure 
 +restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corporation. 
 + 
 +ANR7801I Subsystem process ID is 12044. 
 +ANR0900I Processing options file /​sm215/​config/​dsmserv.opt. 
 +ANR0011W Unable to set locale to en_US. Using locale C for message formatting. 
 +ANR7814I Using instance directory /​sm215/​config. 
 +ANR3339I Default Label in key data base is TSM Server SelfSigned SHA Key.  
 +ANR4726I The ICC support module has been loaded. 
 +ANR0152I Database manager successfully started. 
 +ANR2976I Offline DB backup for database TSMDB1 started. 
 +ANR2974I Offline DB backup for database TSMDB1 completed successfully. 
 +ANR0992I Server'​s database formatting complete. 
 +ANR0369I Stopping the database manager because of a server shutdown. 
 +</​code>​ 
 + 
 +... or remove the whole stuff and start again with the wizard.